March came in like a lion with storms and lots of wet stuff, but we seldom let that slow us down from our appointed tasks here! We took our Seniors to visit universities in San Pedro Sula and topped it off with a Happy Birthday lunch for Rachel turning 16 and Ilcy turning 18! Where did the years go?!?!
Our amazing new teachers from Canada, Burton and Ashley Wiebe, are settling in well. The children LOVE them!! Check out their class reports in the Classroom Corner article. We have taken the 9th, 10th and 11th grades on their Christian Retreats so far with wonderful results!! Most of our kids know Jesus, but one who didn’t asked Jesus to be his Lord and Savior – the best gift ever!!
Kindness and Love are the characteristics of the last two months, with classes going all out to show this fruit of the Spirit to each other. Our “Love and Kindness Tree” is heavy with “fruit”!! All classes are gearing up for our first ever Science Fair April 1st . Strange contraptions, models, volcanos and funny smells fill the air as the Scientific Method is put into practice.
Last Friday was “Dress up as your favorite storybook character Day”. Our Prepa and Kinder kids and teachers outdid themselves with their creativity!! And, at month’s end we will celebrate our risen Savior!! April’s newsletter will bring you the report of all the planned Easter festivities.
God is Amazing!
- We prayed Monday morning for funds to begin building the all-purpose building at our new school. We needed $15,000. Later that morning we had a friend email to say he was sending $10,000 of it!!
- Yesterday we prayed for $300 to purchase a much needed printer for our downstairs office. Last night, a friend emailed me he was giving us $300 for a new printer!!!
- All year we have been praying for one of our challenging ninth grade boys for salvation. This morning he asked us to pray with him to ask Jesus to be his Lord and Savior!!!!! So there’s a new name written down in glory and the very angels of heaven are rejoicing that a lost one has come home!!!
- And if that wasn’t enough, another friend just emailed that he is going to send funds for one of our high school grads, Denis, to go to college here!!!! Amazing Grace!!
- A miracle of love and kindness – Nicole broke her leg and is in a cast. Going to a 3 story school with a broken leg can be a challenge when your classes are on the second and third floor. Not to worry. Nicole’s brothers are her knights in shining armor, carrying her up and down the stairs and then today, the sweetest thing – saw her teacher, Miss Brenda, carrying her in her arms to the bathroom. Do we have amazing staff or what?!!!
- If an opportunity opens for you to talk to someone about the $5,000 we need for the floor of the all-purpose building, take it! You never know who God wants to bless with the privilege of giving to His Kids!!