Happy 2015!! It has been a great 2014 and we are looking forward with joy and expectation to the amazing plans God has for all of us in this Heart to Heart Family for 2015.
“Family” was and is God’s idea of how He wants us to live and grow in Him. To that end, we are constantly learning how to do and be family within our circumstances – with excellence that is honoring and pleasing to our Father. In truth, spiritually, we are all orphans who have been adopted into God’s Family through Jesus Christ. So, besides “family”, we know that “orphans” are God’s heart. Once we are brought into the Family of God we are no longer orphans, but beloved sons and daughters of Him.
So, as sons and daughters, what is our responsibility within His Family? The facts are that worldwide there are about 153 million children who have lost at least one parent and 18 million have lost both. Numbers, right? But each of them is a person, loved and cherished by God, Who does not just hope, but EXPECTS you and me, His kids, to be His hands and feet to these kids!
Many of you reading this are already doing this to one degree or another. For you, this year, do more! Seek God’s face, listen to His directions, and obey! I guarantee His peace and joy at the core of your being will only increase as you act on His commands. Each of us can always get better at what we are already doing. In fact, God EXPECTS us to get better as He shows us how. For those of you just starting out, get going!
The thing I have learned in my 14 years with H2H is that God is totally in control. He does not ask us to do it ALL. He just asks us to do one thing, now, and with His help, do it well, and He will guide us to each next thing.
Father, as Your Family reads this today, I pray You will show each of them what that ONE thing is that You would have them do NOW. May each one obey You in this and give You the praise and the glory for the privilege to GET to be part of Your plan for Your Family. In Jesus’ name and for His glory, Amen.
Things we are looking forward to in 2015:
- 4 kids embarking on their college careers: 3 in San Pedro Sula, 1 in the US
- 5 students graduating from beauty school and 7 new students this year
- Brand new teams joining and helping out H2H
- H2H school – meeting the needs of expanding curriculum and growing student body
- Bringing more children to the village to be raised and restored
- Expanding the aquaponics system in order to meet the needs of the kids
- Welcoming more long term volunteers to H2H
- Expanding the young adults’ discipleship program and keeping it flourishing
- Preparing for and funding the summer program for the kids
We look forward to having you join us in realizing our dreams and initiatives in 2015!
With love, Mary Frenter